Monday, March 12, 2018

Craig Blank Photography in 2018.

lot has happened in the 8 years since my last Blogger post.

Let me count the ways. New studio, new clients and all the great things that happen as we move through life.

                            Click on the promo vid for good luck.

Mostly the photography landscape has changed. Reflecting  social and economic changes. As a whole we are in an uncomfortable period in history. Uncomfortable in the sense that there are a lot of trends that are new and certainly uncharted. Social media is commanding more and more of our attention. This has opened doors of engagement that connect us virtually making nothing out of the question. We can create change. We interact. We engage with  close friends, friends from high school and like minded individuals from around the globe. Interestingly we engage through photography in ways that we could never imagine 8 years ago. The photo and video is now our preferred choice of communication. Of course this puts photographers or should I say image professionals in a unique position. This new position has yet to develop rules and guidelines that were so necessary in the days of film only. Today I mostly throw out rules that I once knew. I am convinced that a new path must be forged. 

                            Reflecting on the landscape.

The path is clearer these days. Transparency and communication should and need to be a top priority. I provide all of my clients with a full breakdown of fees and a timeline of the project from concept to delivery of completed files. Additionally the client and I walk down the same path. Each shoot is a collaboration. Sometimes that looks like the working together from beginning to end. Sometimes that looks like no direction at all from the client. In any case engaging digital assets are provided. Giving clients the tools that they need to take advantage of the new media landscape.

Contact me to discuss your next project or just drop by to say Hey!!!!

craig@craigblankphoto.com

1 comment:

Ruthie Houston-Barrett said...

Hey, nice to see you blogging again! I love what you have to say, in words, and especially in images! More please! :)